First things first, 3nder is now called Feeld following a rebrand – but more to the point, is this app the best place to find polyamory dating, or is it just a hookup app for lazy threesomes?
Summary of 3nder Non-Monogamy Dating
If you are a polyamorous single and looking for real people who enjoy non-monogamy relationships, this isn’t the app for you. It’s free, simple enough to use, and has a decent interface – but poly dating central, it’s not.
This app is more about sex, casual encounters, and threesomes, and the overwhelming majority of male members substantiate that. Most profiles seem to be of couples looking for a single woman to join them for a threesome.
It’s great to see more multi-partner dating platforms out there, and since the rebrand into Feeld, the app has upped its game in terms of value for money and user benefits. However, any dating platform that is free to download, has lax security checks, and includes 20% of fake profile images isn’t somewhere we’re able to recommend uploading private information.
Users on 3nder
One of the downsides is that members are predominantly men – 70%, in fact, are male, with only a 30% female membership.
For poly dating, that’s an immediate spanner in the works, as you don’t have a realistic chance of meeting multi-gender couples.
- 74% of users are straight.
- 70% are male.
- Around 45% of members live in the US.
- Couple profiles make up around 60% of the user base – looking for a third person to make up their threesome.
If you are searching for a match, you’ll need to enter your information and then set criteria for preferences to see who fits with the partner you’re looking for.
3nder Dating Profile Quality
Profiles on the app can vary in quality and detail. Given the ease of logging in through Facebook, you will find a few fake profiles and suspect images, so it’s best to be careful with whom you make contact.
The app says that it weeds out spammers by verifying your friend count and photo library on social media – but if you are a rare Facebook user, that counts against you. Likewise, it would be straightforward to create a fake account and breeze through the security checks!
Everybody can see profile photos, but pages seem to be sparsely populated with little information apart from images. This reinforces our opinion that the app is for sex hookups and not ideal for poly dating.
Free Account Perks with 3nder
One of the bonuses is that you get a fair amount of access without paying a penny. Free users have access to:
- Create a profile and signing-up.
- Using the search filters to find potential proposals.
- Liking other member profile pages.
- Sending direct messages.
However, this platform does not provide match recommendations, so you need to manually use the search filters and put in the time to connect with members who meet your dating preferences.
3nder Premium Extras for Upgraded Users
Men and women on the app can choose to upgrade from $10.66 per month for a three-month recurring membership. In return, the extra features you have access to include:
- Hiding your Facebook profile information – essential if you wish to keep your 3nder activity concealed from everybody on your friend’s list!
- Notifications when another member wishes to connect. Without this, you have to run manual searches to find a mutual connection.
- Seeing when members were last active. We’d say this is essential since otherwise, you could find yourself sending messages to people who haven’t been active for months and are therefore no longer looking for a non-monogamous threesome.
Costs and Discounts for Polyamorous Dating
3nder is free to download, but if you want any premium account perks, you’re going to need to sign up for an upgraded membership. These are called ‘Majestic’ members, and the costs are as below:
- 30-day Majestic membership $15.99/month $15.99 total
- Three-month Majestic membership $10.66/month $31.99 total
How to Use 3nder for Poly Dating
Let’s be clear – this platform isn’t an exclusively polyamorous dating platform. The app was created as the ‘threesome answer to Tinder’, which is reflected in the name. (You pronounce 3nder Thrinder).
While the app can be used for non-monogamous relationships, it’s more focused on sex and triple hookups, so if you’re into authentic poly dating, you’re best off with a dedicated membership site than a casual dating app!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we’ll find through the most frequently asked questions we receive about polyamory dating on 3nder!